I’m way behind today, so I don’t have time to write out a full recap of the latest episode of House. I’m just going to list some of my reactions to “Whatever It Takes” here, and hopefully will be able to get back on track with my regular posts next time around. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes!
- Was House’s job offer to the CIA doc serious? I thought it was all part of his flirting strategy, but I guess not. So why have this stupid competition continue to drag on and on if House is just going to circumvent the whole thing and hire random women anyway?
- My displeasure at the job offer aside, I thought House and CIA Doc actually had a decent amount of chemistry. Much more than Cameron and House ever had (or House and Stacy, for that matter). It could be interesting to keep CIA Doc around for a while as a temporary love interest, but I’m really not too keen on adding yet another cast member to this show.
- Foreman was back to his old self, grating on my nerves through almost the entire episode. Why does he have to be such a pretentious, know-it-all jerk all the time? And why is it that when he acts that way it’s just annoying, but when House acts that way it’s a lot easier to take? Foreman needs a different personality, pronto.
- Aw, Cameron misses being on House’s team! She sometimes bugged me, but I didn’t hate her nearly as much as a lot of other House fans did. It would be nice to see the old crew working together on a case, just for the sake of nostalgia.
- I snorted when Foreman said right to Cameron’s face, “That’s why people find you so annoying!” A shoutout to fans, perhaps?
- Who could have predicted that quiet Doctors Without Borders crusader guy was actually a total nutjob that thinks nothing of intentionally giving a patient polio just so he could try to cure it with orange juice. No one? Good, I don’t feel so stupid now. Glad he’s gone!
- Down to four remaining candidates. God, please let this finish soon!
- How likely is it that none of the other candidates has figured out 13′s real name yet? Gimme a break. I’m sure Cutthroat Bitch would have been making phone calls, scouring Google, and doing everything else in her power to find out something (anything) about 13. Hell, in every job I’ve ever had, I always tried to become friends with someone in HR so I could get basic info like this. Don’t tell me CTB has been shut out for this long!
- Loved that throwaway shot of House’s cell phone displaying the name “cutthroat bitch” when she tried calling him! Ha! (And no capitalization either, which somehow fits.)
- I thought it was funny that Wilson got in trouble for telling the truth about House consulting on a case with the CIA. It does sound absurd enough to be a lie, doesn’t it?
- I wasn’t too crazy about the two different (but parallel) cases, nor did I like seeing House work alone. He definitely needs a team to berate!
- Did Kutner really say “wait for it” like Barney from How I Met Your Mother? Ugh, please don’t!
Overall, House 4×06 was not one of my favorite episodes, but there were still a few good moments in it. Unfortunately, at this point I’m just waiting for the stupid fellowship competition to end so I can get an idea of which new characters I should actually pay attention to!