National Treasure: Book of Secrets retained the top spot at the box office for the third consecutive week with a haul of $20.2 million, bringing its domestic gross to a healthy $171 million. The original National Treasure movie, starring the same core cast, earned a total of $173 million domestically, so this sequel is obviously going to blow well past that figure.
Will Smith’s I Am Legend held onto second place, and is now well past the $200 million mark. One Missed Call, a horror film starring Edward Burns and Shannyn Sossamon, debuted with a respectable $13.5 million in ticket sales. This was the only nationwide new release last week.
Here’s a rundown of the complete top 10, as well as estimated figures for the weekend take.
- National Treasure: Book of Secrets, $20.2 million
- I Am Legend, $16.4 million
- Juno, $16.2 million
- Alvin and the Chipmunks, $16 million
- One Missed Call, $13.5 million
- Charlie Wilson’s War, $8.2 million
- P.S. I Love You, $8 million
- The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep, $6.3 million
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, $5.4 million
- Atonement, $5.1 million