After a hiatus of who knows how long, Grey’s Anatomy was back last night with the final episode filmed before the writers’ strike. As the strike is still not yet resolved, episode 4×11, called “Lay Your Hands on Me”, may very well be the last one we get for season four. If so, what a terrible way to go out!
I don’t feel like doing a full recap today, so I’m just going to post some random thoughts I had about the show:
– What was up with Alex saying that Izzie is better than Cristina? Better in what way? She’s not as good of a surgeon, that’s for sure. Was Alex talking about Izzie being better as a person in general?
Um, what happened to all the venom he spewed after finding out that Izzie as sleeping with Bambi? Speaking of which, Izzie relentlessly pursuing a married man and breaking up a marriage contributes to her being better than Cristina? And let’s not forget the little matter of killing Denny, mmmkay?
– Derek and Meredith broke up again? WTF?! I am so sick of that shit that I couldn’t even watch. I don’t care about either of these two anymore. God… they’ve been together since the pilot, so it will actually be refreshing to see them with other people for a change.
– I liked Karev’s interactions with the faith-healer. Hopefully when the strike ends the writers will pick up with the bits of backstory they hinted at here.
– I don’t even know what to make of the whole Tuck accident. Maybe it was the fact that I haven’t seen this show in so long, or maybe it was the way viewers were rushed through the event, but I just didn’t work up any emotion over that storyline at all.
Please just end the Bailey marriage now… if Tucker — a grown man — can’t understand that his wife, who is chief of surgery at a major hospital, doesn’t have time to answer every single phone call he makes, then there’s no point in continuing the charade.
– I liked Callie last night, which was surprising given how she’s been for most of the season. Maybe this is a signal that the old Callie character from a couple years ago is finally on the way back.
I can’t remember much else from the ep because it wasn’t gripping enough to hold my attention. Oh, well.