I’ve decided that I’m no longer going to provide recaps for each Desperate Housewives episode (there are simply too many characters and storylines these days), but instead will just post my thoughts about the eps. There are plenty of other sites out there that do a much better job of providing blow-by-blow summaries of what happened, so I’m going to cut my work in half from now on!
Anyway, episode 5×06 was called “There’s Always a Woman”, and here are some things that jumped out at me.
– Katherine’s new organ trafficker boyfriend (one-night stand?) looked so familiar that it was driving me crazy until I finally figured it out: he’s the guy who played the UPS deliveryman in Legally Blonde!
– So Dave’s plan is to seek revenge on the ex-con who killed his brother in prison. The way this episode played out, it seems like the target is going to be Mike, which makes me think that there will be a last-second fake out. After all, several of Wisteria Lane’s finest have served time.
– I still don’t like Susan and Jackson. He’s kind of weird-looking and seems too young for her (though I don’t know how old the actor is in real life). I don’t know… they’re just not a good couple for some reason.
– Speaking of “too young”, what’s up with the one Scavo twin (I’m not even going to pretend I remember the kid’s name) getting it on with the neighborhood MILF? How many inappropriate adult-teen sexual relationships are we going to see on this show anyway?? Wow.
– And didn’t we already go through this Tom’s-having-an-affair-oh-no-he’s-not bit last season with Nora (Kayla’s mother)? What is the deal with that? Either make Tom stray for real (god knows he has every reason to want to get away from his shrew of a wife) or drop the jealous Lynette storylines. It’s just so tiresome to see her acting this way all the time.
– I like Lily Tomlin as McCluskey’s sister. I think these two can do some damage, so I can’t wait to see what happens as they continue digging up dirt on Dave.
– The Gaby/Carlos storyline is kind of out there, but then again, those two always manage to get themselves into some weird situations. I hope they do hookup with this sugar mama. Gaby is far more fun when she’s living the high life!