After a couple weeks off, Desperate Housewives was back last night with an all-new episode. It was the 16th of the season, and was called “Crime Doesn’t Pay”. Once again, there was very little forward progress in any of the major storylines, most notably the Dave “mystery” that is just taking forever to play out. I found it quite difficult to get into this ep, especially since a few of the characters are positively unrecognizable at this point (yes, Orson, I’m looking at you). Here are some quick reactions to what I saw last night.
– Why is Orson turning into a klepto? Because people no longer respect him now that he’s not a dentist? Is this his way of trying to get attention? What is he, five years old???
– Katherine had a point about not wanting to be reminded of Susan and Mike’s honeymoon, and Susan kind of had a point about Katherine liking the painting until she found out who created it. IMO, Mike should have shouldered the blame for this one. Why would he think hanging that painting up would be ok?
– The Scavos going at each other during Bree’s dinner was kind of fun. It’s hard to believe that these two were once actually successful in the corporate world, as they’re so incompetent at home.
– Having a run-in with a priest at a liquor store is what finally convinces Edie to start checking up on Dave’s past? Wow, too little too late there, don’t you think? Dude’s been creepy since day one.
– Speaking of Dave, weren’t he, Mike, and Katherine supposed to go camping? What happened to that plan?
– As soon as they showed Brad and Maria in the kitchen, with Maria using that big ol’ knife, I knew what was going to happen. I wonder why the storyline had to take that turn. What will it mean for Carlos and Gabby?
– Mrs. McCluskey’s back, with no mention of anything she was able to find out about Dave while on her mission. I wonder where her sister was?
Pretty boring overall, so I’m hoping things get better very soon.