Monday night’s episode of How I Met Your Mother was called “The Three Days Rule”, and while initial fan reaction on some message boards seems to indicate that people liked it, I thought it was pretty lame. Many of the jokes simply fell flat and didn’t work, and I barely even chuckled during the ep. Of course, this probably goes back to the fact that I’m just waiting to see what the writers will do about Barney and Robin and that I’m not really interested in much else at this point.
– I thought Barney’s opening joke about Jesus inventing the three-day rule had the potential to be good, but then he just kind of went on too long with it and there wasn’t a big enough payoff at the end. A missed opportunity there.
– The plot of this ep reminded me of that one from Season 5 of Friends about the gang finding out about Monica and Chandler’s relationship. “But they don’t know that we know that they know that we know….”
– I thought Ted’s Beavis and Butthead laugh at seeing naked women was kinda dumb. That whole thing just came out of left field and seems way too immature and out of character for someone with Ted’s personality.
– Ugh, I hated that Robin went out on a date with Stan. Why are these two (Robin and Barney) still dating/sleeping with other people all the time??!!! Yeah, I know Robin doesn’t realize Barney is in love with her, but come on! Lily tells everyone everything within 5 seconds of hearing a secret. Can’t she drop a hint or two in Robin’s direction?
– Marshall and Barney arguing about who would be the likely object of Ted’s dreams was probably the highlight of the episode. It should be Barney, hands down!