I’ve finally decided which television shows I’m going to watch (and maybe recap) over the summer. Some of these shows will be on DVD, while others are currently on my TiVo because I didn’t have time to watch them when they were originally broadcast.
Actually, I wish I could transfer my TiVo shows to my brand new netbook and watch the programs out on my deck during this beautiful weather, but I’m not sure if my netbook has enough RAM to handle those videos. And since I’m not exactly in a financial position to buy memory just to be able to watch TV, I’ll let that idea pass for now.
Anyway, here’s what I plan to watch during the primetime hiatus:
- Boston Legal, Season 4 on DVD. I actually started this several months ago and am about four episodes in already.
- Burn Notice, Season 2 on TiVo. This show used to be one of my regular series when it was on during the summer, but as soon as it moved to Thursday nights, I had to stop because I already watch three other programs on that day. I’ll be picking up in the middle of season 2, from episode 12 or thereabouts.
- In Plain Sight, Season 1 on DVD. Watched a few eps, didn’t really like it, but have been convinced that the series gets exponentially better as it goes along, so I’m willing to give it another shot.
- Damages, Season 1 on DVD. I’ve heard some fantastic things about this show, but honestly, I’m 5 eps in and haven’t been blown away yet.
- Private Practice, Season 2 on TiVo. I watched the first 18 episodes of Season 2, and then gave up the show out of utter frustration. Other viewers, however, said that the season ends much, much better than it began, so I might give the remaining eps a whirl before I delete everything.
- Veronica Mars, Season 1 on DVD. This is a show I’ve been wanting to get to forever, but keep putting off for some reason. I’m determined to get going on the first season this summer!
This might seem like a heck of a lot of television viewing — and it is. But I need tons of content for this blog, especially since I don’t do my book reviews over here anymore now that I have the Fervent Reader site. I can’t very well go to the cinema every day, so I have to watch these TV shows instead!