Episode 1×02 of Nurse Jackie was called “Sweet ‘n All”, and served to give some more background information about the main characters in the series. Nothing from this episode really stood out as spectacular, but I’m still going to stick with the show. I know it often takes a while for a series to hit its stride, and I’m hoping that will eventually happen here.
– I like the Zoey character more and more each time I see her. She totally reminds me (in a good way) of a girl I work with, and I think her bubbly personality is a great balance for Jackie’s cynism.
– I don’t understand why Jackie had to spend all that time and effort putting her drugs in the Sweet ‘n All packets. Surely she could slip something into her own drink without anyone noticing, right??? The packet thing just seemed like a contrivance to get Mrs. Akalitus high as a kite.
– Despite the contrivance, however, I have to say it was pretty funny how Mrs. Akalitus was acting after getting her hands on Jackie’s stash! But — wouldn’t she have noticed that the coffee didn’t taste sweetened? Most medicine is bitter and nasty… surely she would have figured out that something was wrong.
– Still not liking Jackie’s home life at all. The family just seems off somehow. I think it’s a casting thing.
– I can’t believe Jackie took a punch (or was it a slap?) to the face — and then just turned around and helped the patient out anyway! I would have been livid! She’s definitely hard to figure out.
– I’m starting to like Coop. He’s annoying for sure, but sort of in a good way. At least he has some redeeming qualities (he was right about the aneurysm) and isn’t just some caricature.
– I like Jackie’s friendship with that female doctor (forgot her name). They’re both snarky together, which is fabulous!