Entourage 6×04 — “Running on E”: Last night’s episode of Entourage felt like more of a transition ep than anything else. It served to push a couple of storylines forward, and to turn a couple in different directions. Overall, it was ok because at least things are happening again. But what happened to all the humor? This show used to be pretty funny, but now there’s like maybe one laugh and a couple of chuckles per ep. That’s gotta change!
– I can’t believe Andrew went and dumped his wife for Lizzie. I mean, I can, because Lizzie is probably 20 years younger and is hot. But I can’t believe that he took Ari’s advice about not lying anymore to mean fess up to the affair and then choose the mistress. Yikes!
– So that’s the end of the Murphy Group, huh? I guess that’s a good thing, as Eric really didn’t have anything productive to do there. This character is slowly becoming a lot more tolerable to me, especially now that he can admit his failures and doesn’t act like a total douche all the time.
– That short blurb at the beginning of the ep about how Scorsese’s Gatsby was the top movie made me realize once again how preposterous is it to picture Vinnie Chase as Nick Carraway. You’ve got to be kidding me! What a disaster.
– The show is still going strong with the star cameos. I actually liked Schwimmer here, though I usually can’t stand him. I thought it was funny that all the TV people at Miller-Gold tried to pitch him series where he would play a neurotic guy. And was he eating that finger food with a toothpick? Ha!
– Drama and Jamie working together for love scenes? That might be interesting. I’m surprised at how much I like Jamie-Lynn Sigler in this role. She seems pretty normal, and makes a far more interesting addition to the group than airhead Ashley.
– Speaking of Ashley, I can’t believe E is really falling for her. He turned down a trip to Paris because he didn’t want to desert her? Wow.
– And I have to say that I loved Ari’s office freak-out about Andrew, and how he projected his anger onto Lloyd by telling him to go “lose weight now”!! lol