Desperate Housewives 6×02 — “Being Alive”: I have to admit that I was impressed by last night’s episode of Desperate Housewives. Usually I get bored at some point along the way and start doing other stuff while the ep plays in the background, but 6×02 grabbed and held my interest pretty much the entire way. Sure, a few of the plot points were a bit ridiculous (can somebody really be strangled into a comatose state???), but on the whole this season is working so far. I realize we’re just two eps in, but still, I’m happy!
– I don’t know what the Bolen family’s deal is, but they’re kinda creepy. I can’t believe the mom asked Anna to provide an alibi for her son. I think this “mystery” is the best yet, and I’m interested to see where it all leads.
– Bree and Karl were all kinds of inappropriate to be hugging and kissing and carrying on right there in Julie’s hospital room. How hard would it have been to keep that stuff under wraps, especially given the circumstances!
– Lee was only around for one line, but it was great! I had to laugh when he was worried about the strangler targeting him next because of his lack of upper body strength.
– I liked the talk that Susan and Lynette had, and I liked the fact that the writers allowed Lynette to think — even if just for a moment — about the possibility of not going through with her pregnancy. I have a feeling that Lynette will end up wanting the kids, then something tragic will happen. It will either be a miscarriage, or the cancer will come back and she’ll have to choose between saving her own life via chemo or saving the babies. I didn’t like the stuff last week between her and Tom, but maybe this storyline will have legs after all.
– WTF is up with Katherine?? Do women really turn into crazy, delusional messes just because they get dumped by a man? And geez, it’s plumber Mike Delfino, not some super-stud or something. She used to be the sanest wife on the block, but now she’s as crazy as Edie was. In fact, might it be possible that she’s the mysterious strangler? She would want to get revenge on Susan somehow, right? So why not attack Julie? That’s a better option than MJ, because attacking MJ would hurt Mike too. Plus, Danny as the strangler is far too obvious to be true. Sigh. I don’t know. I just like Katherine even less than usual this year.
– Seeing Mrs. McCluskey getting it on with some random guy was seriously not my cup of tea. And then to hear them going back and forth about being in love was weird too. I’m not saying senior citizens shouldn’t have sex lives; I’m just saying I don’t want to see this stuff in HD. Maybe they can go on vacation and hole up in a new york discount hotel for a while so life on Wisteria Lane can proceed as usual.
– I still like the way Gaby interacts with Ana. I think by the time this storyline is through, the two will have a new level of respect, understanding, and love for each other. Right now, though, it’s kind of fun to watch the battle of the wills.