Desperate Housewives 6×04 — “The God-Why-Don’t-You-Love-Me Blues”: Last night’s episode of Desperate Housewives was actually pretty good. I found myself laughing out loud in quite a few places, and didn’t even get bored enough to multitask while the ep was on. Now that’s progress! Plus, the writers even moved some of the storylines farther along, which is always a good thing.
– I have to say that I don’t like the crazy Katherine scenario anymore. At first it was sort of funny, but now she’s just over-the-top wacko, which just seems really strange. There was absolutely zero indication that Katherine would flip out over Mike like this, and it simply bugs me to death that one of the most reasonable people on Wisteria Lane is turning into a psycho over a man. I’ve read some forums where most other viewers think this is a good direction for the character to go in, but I completely disagree. I hate seeing Katherine like this.
– So Julie was having an affair with Dominic (Nick) Bolen??? Danny’s father? Huh? When Andrew said she was seeing a married guy, I figured he would at least be closer to Julie’s age… sheesh. But when and where was this affair supposed to have taken place? Weren’t the Bolens in New York just prior to moving to Fairview? Is that where Julie supposedly went to school? And why would Dominic move his family to the same damn street as Julie if he were having an affair with her. Weird. Oh, and Julie didn’t even seem to have any kind of reaction when she met the Bolens for the first time and agreed to tutor Danny. WTF? Was she really having an affair with Nick or is he just another psycho living in fantasy land?
– Speaking of the Bolens, was I the only one who thought it was weird that the mother changed her clothes right in front of her teenage son? I know she had a little tank top on or whatever, but it still seemed a little odd.
– Hey look, it’s Andrew!
– I hate how Lynette complicates her life by telling stupid lies. Now we’re going to have to suffer through a couple weeks of boob job jokes and sexual harassment in the workplace just because Lynette is too scared to come forward about her pregnancy? It’s not like she can control the situation much longer anyway. Why not just get the truth out into the open? (And BTW, when did Carlos become such a pig?)
– I enjoyed the Gaby/John scenes tonight. I knew John still had a thing for Gaby (he always will), and I thought it was realistic how Gaby kinda allowed herself to wonder what might have been with him before realizing that her life with Carlos is pretty great. I wonder how long Ana is going to keep that secret, though.
– Susan bugs. I try to like her, but it’s practically impossible. Julie just woke up from a coma, the doctor told Susan not to badger her, but of course she has to start right in. Selfish much?