There were a few new releases this weekend that I want to check out, including The Lovely Bones (which I’ll go see during the week) and The Book of Eli. I also want to catch Sherlock Holmes at some point. Initially I was against this version of Holmes, strictly based on the previews, but it’s doing so well at the box office and with critics that maybe I should give it a chance instead of just judging it from a few clips.
I also would like to see It’s Complicated with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin, as I’ve heard some good things about that one too. By the way, a friend of mine couldn’t believe it when I said I don’t find Alec Baldwin attractive. Is that unusual? Do most women think he’s sexy? Maybe after a quick weight loss program, some hair dye, and a personality overhaul, but not as he is now!
Anyway, here are the weekend box office estimates for January 17, 2010:
- Avatar, $41.3 million
- The Book of Eli, $31.6 million
- The Lovely Bones, $17.1 million
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, $11.5 million
- Sherlock Holmes, $9.82 million
- The Spy Next Door, $9.7 million
- It’s Complicated, $7.67 million
- Leap Year, $5.88 million
- The Blind Side, $5.57 million
- Up In The Air, $5.46 million